Three Stretches to Set Your Sensual Self Free
Most women I know don’t have a lot of time to focus on embracing their sensual selves. We’re busy building businesses, raising kids, running organizations, and being more to everyone else than we are to ourselves. But, when the sensual side suffers you suffer sis. Your body becomes less flexible, stiffer, colder. You start to carry tensions that at first you don’t even notice until you realize you shrug off intimate touch rather than relax into it.
These three simple stretches are for the busy woman who misses that part of herself.
In my Sensations Sensual Stretch and Dance Class I lead women through 15 stretches and choreography all set to sensual/sexy music. If you’re in the Lexington area, you can sign up for the next one here.
But, I want to share these three stretches with all of you. I’ve done the research (I’m a sexologist, so research is life) and holding the stretch or doing the movements for just 30 seconds gives you the best results. Use the timer on your phone with a small chime so you don’t have to keep checking it or simply count to yourself. Put on your favorite sensual song, and you’ll be done stretching before the end of it.
- Decompress – A 30 second neck roll
- You can do this one sitting in a chair, the bed, or the floor.
- Simply tilt your head forward as far as it will go, then slowly roll it to your left.
- Remember to inhale and exhale slowly and deeply as you roll.
- Stretch as far as you comfortably can.
- At the 15 second mark, switch directions and roll your neck to the right for an additional 15 seconds.
- Savor – A 30 second shoulder roll
- You can also do this one sitting in a chair, the bed, or the floor.
- Simply push both of your shoulder blades as far forward as they will comfortably go, then slowly roll them upward and backward.
- Remember to inhale and exhale slowly and deeply as your roll.
- Raise them as far up as they will go and as far back.
- At the 15 second mark, switch directions and roll your shoulders forward for an additional 15 seconds.
- Invite – A 30 second butterfly leg stretch
- This stretch is best done on the floor.
- Sit up straight with the soles of your feet pressed against each other.
- Bring your feet in as close as you can get to your pelvis.
- Remember to inhale and exhale slowly and deeply throughout this stretch.
- Lower your abdomen into your feet as far down as you can comfortably go.
- Hold until the 30 seconds has passed.
How are you feeling? Doing these three simply stretches daily to your favorite sensual songs connects those feelings of release in your body to sensuality in your mind. Making a practice of it will set your sensual self a little freer.